Full-Day and Half-Day Preschool
2 to 5 years
7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
This is a 10-month program that follows the center’s holiday closings. The center makes decisions about opening on snow days independent of the public schools and is open whenever possible.
- Koalas (children must be 2 by 9/1)
- Turtles (children must be 3 by 9/1)
- Hoppers (children must be 3 by 9/1)
- Dragons (children must be 4 by 9/1)
- Otters* (children must be 4 by 9/1)
*The Otters is our Nature Themed 4 year old classroom. They have an indoor classroom as well as “The Slice”, which is their outdoor classroom. The children go out in rain, snow or shine (as long as it is not too cold or hot).
3 and 4 years
9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Monday,Wednesday, Friday for 4’s and Tuesday,Thursday for 3’s
Schedule: When Baltimore County Public Schools are closed, the Half Day Preschool Programs will be cancelled. If Baltimore County Public Schools open late, the Half Day Preschool Programs will still open on time.
- Panda 3’s (children must be 3 by 9/1)
- Panda 4’s (children must be 4 by 9/1)
Preschool classes follow the Creative Curriculum. This is a “core” curriculum that is approved by MSDE. Content is organized in six areas: literacy, math, science, social studies, the arts, and technology.
- The curriculum is based on the work of Piaget, Maslow, Erikson, Gardner and other developmental psychologists.
- The Creative Curriculum is founded on the belief that teaching begins with knowing children. CPCFCCC preschool classrooms use the Developmental Continuum, based on the goals and objectives of the Curriculum, as a tool for observing children’s development, supporting learning, and tracking their progress.
- Families are the first and lifelong influence on a child. They are seen as partners with the classroom staff in teaching children and implementing the curriculum.
Optional programs available for additional tuition include:
- Jump Bunch (preschool): a structured year-round sports and fitness program geared toward young children. Jump Bunch goals include building healthy bodies, strong self-esteem, and a love of sports and fitness activities.
- Dynasty Sports (preschool): designed to build self-esteem, develop core motor skills and improve their game through fun exercises and skills training.
Programs available to all full day preschool children for no additional cost:
- Music with Ms. Anita: Once a week each full day preschool class goes to the music room and sings songs with Ms. Anita.