Before and After Care for School-Age Kids
5 – 12 (kindergarten through fifth grade)
7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
From late August through mid-June (the school year) the center will be open for before and after school care of students enrolled in kindergarten through fifth grades. CPCFCCC will also provide care for these students when BCPS is closed, open late, or has an early dismissal (for an extra tuition charge).
- Chameleons (children enrolled in kindergarten)
- Foxes (children enrolled in kindergarten or first grade)
- Hornets (children enrolled in first or second grade)
- Monkeys (children enrolled in third, fourth or fifth grades)
Before and after school classes do not follow a specific curriculum. They engage in the following activities that form their curriculum:
- Developmentally appropriate lessons/activities on: language arts, health, math, science and social studies;
- Free time on the playground;
- Conversations with friends and center staff;
- Experiences based on the children’s interests;
- Field trips on “school’s out!” days.